House parties come in all forms, functionalities and sizes. It may be a child’s birthday party backdrops, family reunion, Thanksgiving party or even a wedding party reunion the reason for celebrating, it is your duty to ensure that you, together with all your guests are comfortable and having fun! Having a good time in the company of the people you cherish can bring a lot of positive energy to your life. Throwing a party (especially if it is a huge one) comes with its drawbacks, especially when the party is over – all that is left is you and a big fat mess.
After the guests are gone, you face tonnes of utensils to clean, food stuff leftovers to dispose of, and worse of all, a dirty carpet to clean. The carpet is the household item that gets the worst beating during parties, from getting stepped on with mud from different places, to being poured wine or soup on, to being dirtied with kids’ ice cream or juice. Below are a few tips to help you out when cleaning carpets after a party.
First things first:
It is important to determine your after-party status before conducting any further actions, lest you only make the situation even worse. If you are so drunk as to be unable to determine the type of stains, you’d better call professional cleaners as soon as possible in order to prevent further damage. The same applies if you do not know how to deal with different kinds of stains. The most important factor to consider is that you have to deal with the stains before they set. The more they stay on the fabric, the more they get soaked in and the more difficult it will be to get them out.
If you are just a little tipsy and believe that you will manage the clean-up without throwing up, you should follow the following professional carpet cleaning steps:
- Inspect and determine the type of stain on each and every affected area separately. This will help you choose the most befitting cleanup method in order to get rid of it.
- Handle the stains one by one according to their types as follows:
- In order to do away with wine and juice stains, blot it out using some lukewarm water containing a little laundry detergent. Follow it up with a club soda rinse, and repeat the process until the stain disappears completely.
- To get dairy products and eggs out of your carpet, use a sponge dipped in a mixture of warm water and ammonia to soak it out. If it does not get out completely, mix equal parts of warm water and white vinegar and sponge out the remaining bit.
- Handle grease stains by blotting it out with some dry-cleaning solution. Clear out the stained area using a mixture of lukewarm water and some dishwashing fluid. Tackle the stain from the outside towards the middle to prevent it from spreading. Allow the cleaning solution to sit for about five minutes before rinsing it out.
- Drench out any excess moisture from the carpet fabric to help it dry quickly. You can achieve this by placing three to five paper towels over the area you just cleaned and pressing them on with a heavy item to ensure they suck all the humidity out.
- Give it some time till morning as you also relax and give yourself some break.
- Once the areas have dried up, vacuum the whole carpet to reinstate its fabric’s original appearance and feel.
After-party cleanups are usually very exhausting for a one-man task, especially if it is a huge party or one that is expectedly going to leave a big mess. It is advisable to seek for professional carpet cleaning services as and when planning for the party. This will help you relax and have a good time, thus making you freer with your guests without having to worry so much about the after-mess. What a good way to enjoy yourself than in a relaxed, carefree mood?